Episode 8: Winning & Authenticity with Trial Lawyer Dan Schaar
Conversations with leading trial lawyers and settlement professionals on relevant industry topics.
- Dan Schaar - Attorney - Carpenter, Zuckerman and Rowley
In this episode of Settlement Nation, we chat with Dan Schaar, a trial attorney with Carpenter, Zuckerman & Rowley (CZ&R) and Trial Lawyers For Justice (TL4J) from Northern California. We walk through Dan's $2.8 million verdict for one of California's largest slip and fall cases in 2018, advice for other trial attorneys that leads to better results for their clients and the benefits of working with a team. Dan also shares how using both a Qualified Settlement Fund (QSF) and structured settlement for his attorney fees, have ensured stability and security for himself, both personally and professionally.
Some of the topics that we cover in our candid conversation with Dan include:
- How his background as an EMT has influenced his practice and how he represents his clients.
- Common areas of improvement he coaches attorneys on as a teacher at Trial by Human.
- How structured settlements have helped his business to thrive during COVID-19.
- The advantages of using a QSF and how that tool provides flexibility for the plaintiff and his firm.
If you have a question for us about this episode, or want to request a guest for Settlement Nation, send us a message here.