Episode 5: The Art of Settlement with Jason Lazarus
Conversations with leading trial lawyers and settlement professionals on relevant industry topics.
- Chris Bua - Independent Life
- Jason Lazarus - Synergy Settlement Services
This episode of Settlement Nation we chat with Jason Lazarus, a legal settlement services expert out of Orlando, Florida. Jason discusses several of the topics covered in his new book, The Art of Settlement, intended to help attorneys avoid mistakes when finalizing a settlement. If you are a personal injury attorney, this is a MUST listen for you and your legal team.
Some of the topics that I cover in my conversation with Jason include:
- Why he wrote The Art of Settlement
- Protecting a plaintiff’s public benefits
- The use of structured settlements and other settlement planning tools
- His passion for cycling
- Lien resolution
- Medicare compliance and exposure of risk to attorney for failing to do so
- Attorney fee deferrals
If you have a question for us about this episode, or want to request a guest for Settlement Nation, send us a message here.