Episode 3: The Human Factor with the Airstream Attorney Brian Ward
Conversations with leading trial lawyers and settlement professionals on relevant industry topics.
- Brian Ward, Attorney - Carpenter, Zuckerman & Rowley
In this episode we chat with with Brian Ward, an attorney with Carpenter, Zuckerman & Rowley (CZ&R) out of Los Angeles. Brian shares his story, on how he was sworn in early straight of out law school, to begin his first jury trial, how his own personal injury has shaped the way he relates to the challenges his clients face, and advice for other attorneys on how they can improve their skills in the courtroom. Brian also shares what life is like conducting business on the road in his Airstream.
Some of the topics that we cover in our candid conversation with Brian include:
- Lessons for other attorneys on how they can improve in the courtroom.
- The importance of teamwork and mentors in this industry.
- How to showcase the human factor to a jury.
- Advice he would give his younger self and others just starting out.
- What it's like to have a great work/life balance as a trial lawyer.
If you have a question for us about this episode, or want to request a guest for Settlement Nation, send us a message here.